Welcome to A Stampers Paradise!

You've stumbled upon my escape from the daily grind! I hope you enjoy what you see here. I am a SU Demo who loves trying new techniques, holding card making classes, creating techniques of my own, and most recently blog design, I love anything stamping related! I hope you'll stay a minute and come again! I'd love to know you were here, so feel free to leave comments!

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Domino Frame


Many of you answered my last poll about what you would like to see on my blog. Home Decor got several votes. Here is the first entry to my blog for home decor! I left the manufacturers photo in the frame so you could see what type of frame I used. This was purchased at Michael's (also known as the M store!), for $1.00! The dominoes are first edged in SU Pastels to add some color. Then they are glued (tricky to get it right, the domino part ends up much bigger than the frame), to the frame using Aileens Quick Drying Tacky Glue. I set a phone book on top of the dominoes until they dried to hold them in place. Once dry, I stamped images and words with Jet Black Stazon. Colored with blender pen and SU Pastels, and permanent markers. Some of the flowers are 'blinged' in the centers for a little sparkle. Will be sealed with matte sealer (after I run out and buy more, I am all out!), probably 3-4 light quick coats. This is my first attempt at this, and I have never worked with dominoes without sanding them first, so it was a little tricky as it's slippery to stamp on. To complete it, I will put in a cute picture of my two little girls together and put it in my almost 4yr olds room, colors in frame are pulled from her comforter. Enjoy!!!


No comments: