Welcome to A Stampers Paradise!

You've stumbled upon my escape from the daily grind! I hope you enjoy what you see here. I am a SU Demo who loves trying new techniques, holding card making classes, creating techniques of my own, and most recently blog design, I love anything stamping related! I hope you'll stay a minute and come again! I'd love to know you were here, so feel free to leave comments!

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Icecream Birthday


Well, summer is in full swing, which always makes me think of icecream! A very special little girl is turning 3 this weekend, and I decided she should have a 3-scoop icecream card! This card was very simple to make, I did it on my lap (my craft desk was full) in about 10 minutes. The base of the card is Lovely Lilac. The Whisper White layer was scored on all edges about about 1/4" to have that raised edge. Added pink eyelets to the corners. The icecream scoops are the round scallop punch, with all but 6 of the scallops cut off and rounded. The bottom scalloped edges are sponged in same color for texture. The cone is Creamy Caramel. It's a piece about 3" long by 1 1/4" wide. Simply cut from top outside to bottom middle on both sides for the cone. That is scored to make the texture as well, and sponged with CC ink to pick up the lines. I really loved this card, and I hope you do too! I got the basic idea off of Splitcoast Stampers, then just made it mine.

No comments: