Welcome to A Stampers Paradise!

You've stumbled upon my escape from the daily grind! I hope you enjoy what you see here. I am a SU Demo who loves trying new techniques, holding card making classes, creating techniques of my own, and most recently blog design, I love anything stamping related! I hope you'll stay a minute and come again! I'd love to know you were here, so feel free to leave comments!

Monday, August 18, 2008

Clear Birthday Card

A friend of mine has a birthday this week, so I sat down last night and made her this card! One thing I learned about clear cards, they are HARD to photograph! I propped the envelope behind this card so you didn't see the kitchen through it! This is an acetate card, with layered cardstock held in place with mini glue dots. The front panels hide the inside, and when closed, it looks like there's just tons of layers, but they are spread front and back on each acetate flap to create that illusion. I love this old SU set, I think it was in a Mini Catalog a couple years ago. There are 3 stamps that all say cute things, but look like eye charts! I used the New Scallop Edge Punch on the white layer. I stamped with Mellow Moss, and then in Perfect Plum. Of the Perfect Plum portion, I punched out only the DAY EVER part with the Word Window punch, and lined it with the Mellow Moss stamped image. Popped it up on dimensionals. Super easy card! However, acetate has a mind of it's own, and is not the easiest medium to work with. Hope you like it!

No comments: