Welcome to A Stampers Paradise!

You've stumbled upon my escape from the daily grind! I hope you enjoy what you see here. I am a SU Demo who loves trying new techniques, holding card making classes, creating techniques of my own, and most recently blog design, I love anything stamping related! I hope you'll stay a minute and come again! I'd love to know you were here, so feel free to leave comments!

Monday, December 8, 2008

Hostess Club Gift...


This is what I made every member of my Hostess Club as a thank you for being with me this past year. This past Sat was our last meeting (until the new club starts in Feb), and it was also our Christmas Party so I wanted to do something special for each of them. Here's how I made them:

I made 11 of these and it took HOURS...not a quick process, but could be done quicker with some shortcuts, I however am a recovering perfectionist and couldn't skimp, so they took forever...

I punched (for each ring) one piece of cardstock for all SU! colors minus the neutrals, as I feel black is black and white is white for the most part. I did In Colors, Bold Brights, Earth Elements, Rich Regals, and Soft Subtles. I typed up each color name, family name, and the SU front label on an Avery label template in MS Word, two per label. One sheet perfectly held every title with no space left. The front of the color ring is a piece of acetate, punched with Scallop Circle, behind that is a piece of DSP, then acetate, then colors, then acetate, then colors, etc. Each color family is divided by an acetate punch holding that color families name. The color families are in ABC order, the colors follow the order on the back of our marker box and catalog. After putting all of them in order and punching holes in the top (through a template I created for perfect holes) with my Crop O Dile, I found it can punch through 12 sheets at a time about halfway through the project...LOL!!! I put them on Book Rings in order. I then printed the labels, and got to work. The labels are precisely 1" tall which made it VERY difficult to line up as I used a 1" circle punch. You punch out every single label, then place them on the CS or acetate piece it goes with. Once punched these are hard to peel apart as well. So, that's how I made them. You could always just cut the labels in half, which would save hours, literally. They look great, though. Everyone really seemed to enjoy them.

I originally made them for matching embellishments from craft stores (I am not one of those demos who will cut your head off with Craft & Rubber scissors if a customer mentions a craft store). We all need things that SU! doesn't sell from time to time. So, they can take these with them to match colors as closely as possible. However, as I was assembling these, I couldn't help but notice amazing new color combos as different colors laid against each other. So, now it also serves as a scaled down Color Coach as well. When you are struggling to come up with new colors to use together, you can flip through this and get some inspiration.

Hope you all like it!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a wonderful hostess gift Naomi!

thescrapmaster said...

OMG I think we are twins. I made the EXACT same thing for my hostess club this saturday!!! I am serious same punch and rings! LOL that is too neat. Yes it took forever but I enlisted help to do mine :)

~Samantha

fishlips said...

Naomi What a perfect gift to treasure always...wow you just did a fantastic job and It would have taken me days and days not hours to make...
I just got myself a Crop O Dile and I will never know why it took me so long to buy one...I just love it... That pink thing is amazing now I want the yellow one...lol

Tlbran said...

What a great gift! I'm sure everyone loved them! They turned out fabulous.