Welcome to A Stampers Paradise!

You've stumbled upon my escape from the daily grind! I hope you enjoy what you see here. I am a SU Demo who loves trying new techniques, holding card making classes, creating techniques of my own, and most recently blog design, I love anything stamping related! I hope you'll stay a minute and come again! I'd love to know you were here, so feel free to leave comments!

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Big Shot Bird...



This is the first card I made with my new Big Shot. It's simple, which I think may be my new style as I have been doing it for a couple of weeks now. The base of this card is Really Rust CS, the side panel is Old Olive. The Old Olive was run through the Big Shot with a Fiskars texture plate {I was excited to discover this works!), the edges torn and inked with OO ink. The image is from Serene Spring, a SU current Level 2 Hostess Set. I ran Watercolor Paper through the Big Shot with Sizzix Scallop Circle #2 die to get the scallop. Then I stamped the bird image onto the paper with Timber Brown StazOn ink. I watercolored it using Earth Elements WaterColor Crayons, and Aquapainters. The sentiment, also stamped in StazOn because it was already on my desk, is from Love Ya Bunches, a SU set from a few years ago. Lastly, there is a piece of Antique Brass Hodgepodge Hardware on the side holding my ribbon. This is for a friend who is having a rough time, and I hope it will cheer her up and remind her that I love her.

SU products in BOLD print. The StazOn and Sizzix items are from SU also.

*** This is one of my first 'real' attempts at watercoloring with Aquapainters, and I am in love! It is definitely time consuming, I spent about 15 minutes coloring this image, but I love the outcome. It's not as easy as I thought it was, and need more practice, but I think it's good for a first 'real' try.

7 comments:

The Mama Monkey said...

You did a great job coloring! I love the colors and the layout!

fishlips said...

Congrats on your arrival of your big shot I know you must be having so fun with it....This card is so darling love the layout and the colors on the image are just a delight!!!!

Jennifer Schmidt said...

This is such a pretty card that is sure to convey the message you're hoping for! Excellent job on your fist time with the aquapainter- definitely doesn't look like the first time! Beautiful.

thescrapmaster said...

Great card!! I love the aquapainters too! Congrats on your big shot. Mine arrived and it is under the Christmas tree :)

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!!

~Samantha

Anonymous said...

Love my Big Shot and I love watercoloring. It is funny how we think we all need more practice at it, but everyone else thinks our work is great:)

Great card:)

Tlbran said...

Beautiful card! I really like that image. You did a great job coloring!

gale said...

Beautiful card!