Welcome to A Stampers Paradise!

You've stumbled upon my escape from the daily grind! I hope you enjoy what you see here. I am a SU Demo who loves trying new techniques, holding card making classes, creating techniques of my own, and most recently blog design, I love anything stamping related! I hope you'll stay a minute and come again! I'd love to know you were here, so feel free to leave comments!

Friday, October 17, 2008

Firetruck Birthday...


This is a card I just finished, snapped a pic, and am blogging now so I don't forget. I just made this for a kids birthday that is coming up soon, a precious little boy (whose mama happens to check my blog, but that's ok:). Last month we were invited to a birthday party for another little boy and my friend has ordered these diecut, precolored firetrucks to use on his invites and thank you's. I usually don't use things on my cards like this, but she gave me some of the extras, and I fell in love with the cute little firetruck. I happen to have a Dalmation (among 2 other dogs and a cat), so the little dog on the back makes me smile. I used Whisper White for the background, then cut Real Red cardstock, and used the Ticket Corner Punch on the corners. Then I used the CM Cutting System to make the big oval in the red. Cut a smaller oval out of Basic Black and lined it up underneath. The masked section of the white base is sponged in Real Red ink, and I did the black dots to coordinate with the dog using Bitty Basics stamp set. The firetruck is popped up on several dimensionals and centered in the masked area. I stamped Happy Birthday from Bitty Birthday with Basic Black, punched with Small Oval, sponged edges with Real Red, and layered over black punched with the Large Oval punch. Set white eyelets in the corners. Tied Red Gingham ribbon through, taped to back of layers. Then glued the front down. Now, with using this little firetruck, I did have to add some things to it, so it wasn't so flat looking. So, I punched holes in the wheels and set silver eyelets for rims. I used Crystal Effects on the tires and the windows. I added Clear Stickles to the dogs collar, and the lights on the truck, and I used a Silver Metallic pen to add 'metal' to the handles, grill and bumper of the truck. Those extra touches really make the truck POP. I hope you like it!

9 comments:

Jennifer Schmidt said...

Ohhh, I love this adorable card! The firetruck is great and I love the extra touches you've added to it. The dimensionals were a terrific idea and I'm such a huge fan of gingham! Love it

fishlips said...

How darling is this...I just love the fire truck but the Dalmatians dog is really is the star, he is perfect, and so this card...

Tlbran said...

So cute! I am sure the child that got this card was very happy! I love the puppy dog and all the extra touches you added.

Heather said...

This card is soo cute!! You did a wonderful job! It is just awesome!!

CathyRose said...

That is adorable! You took a cute die-cut and turned it into something really special with all additions!

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh, this is really cute! Great idea to use your die cuts! I honestly did not think to do that! I have so many collecting dust! Thanks for the idea!

Sankari W. said...

love the silver addition to make the fire engine pop! what a great bday card! my little boy love loves loves fire engines and this is totally inspiring to make for his birthday which is coming up! thanks for the great idea!!!

Cheryl said...

What a cute card!

thescrapmaster said...

How adorable!

~Samantha