This is one of my favorite card folds, the Criss Cross Card! Supplies needed to make it:
* One sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 CS cut in two pieces 4 1/4x11(Elegant Eggplant here)
* One 4x5 piece of Designer Series Paper (here So Saffron DSP) cut in 1/2 diagonally.
* One piece of 3 3/4 x 5 CS (here Old Olive) for back of insert.
* One piece of 3 1/2 x 4 3/4 CS (here Very Vanilla) for insert.
* One 1 1/2 x 12 strip of CS for band (here Old Olive), I use 11" and glue together under my embellishment. I don't always keep 12x12 on hand, so this is a great shortcut!
* Scraps of CS in the colors you use for punches, ect.
* Ink, stamp sets of your choice (Here Fresh Cuts and Friendship Blooms), adhesive, ribbon (opt), Corner Rounder, and embellishments (brads, etc).
1. Score your 2 pieces of 4 1/4 x 11 CS at 5 1/2".
2. Cut one piece and cut it diagonally from top of score to bottom left corner.
3. Cut the second piece from top of score to bottom right corner.
4.On the back of ONE of these pieces, generously apply your adhesive.
5. Line pieces up, with glued piece in the front, make sure both flap pieces are down, the entire bottom should be a straight piece. Press together.
6.Take the DSP that you cut in 1/2 diagonally and adhere one piece to each flap of the card.
7. Add a strong adhesive (I use Sticky Strip) on the bottom of the middle panel, fold one of your 'traingles' in to begin to form the card.
8. Add more strong adhesive to the bottom edge of the 'triangle' piece that will be your front flap, press down, now you have the Criss Cross part done!
9.Take your CS pieces for the insert, and using a corner rounder, punch the top corners of both pieces.
10. Stamp your images on the top portion of the neutral CS, when finished, glue neutral CS to your color piece, leaving a little bit of the bottom CS showing.
11. Add a tab (Round Tab used here) to pull the insert out, and add your other embellishments as desired.
12. Take your long, 1 1/2 CS and fold over card to make your belly band, attach with adhesive.
13. Use punches (here 5 Petal Punch, Scallop) to decorate the front of your band, and wrap the band with ribbon if desired.
***I use the directions based on the tutorial from splitcoaststampers, these are my words, however, I use the basic directions provided on this site. My directions are changed to explain exactly how I made the card pictured.
I hope you all enjoy seeing this card, and learning how to make one on your own! Feel free to leave comments or questions.