Welcome to A Stampers Paradise!

You've stumbled upon my escape from the daily grind! I hope you enjoy what you see here. I am a SU Demo who loves trying new techniques, holding card making classes, creating techniques of my own, and most recently blog design, I love anything stamping related! I hope you'll stay a minute and come again! I'd love to know you were here, so feel free to leave comments!

Monday, July 12, 2010

A Patriotic Birthday...

Here is a fun card I made for a Red, White and Blue swap in honor of the 4th of July. Due to some major water damage and our floors getting ripped up, I didn't get time to make it until after the 4th. But, I think it's something you could use most anytime. This card uses two brand new colors to the SU Color Collections...Cherry Cobbler and Marina Mist! They look really good together! I stamped the Medallion BG stamp in Cherry Cobbler on Whisper White CS. I then stamped a partial image in Marina Mist. I matted each on the opposite color. Added a sentiment from Whimsical Words, and punched it out with the Wide Oval punch, and finished the card with a star brad from the Styled Silver HPH in the center of the Medallion. I almost feel like it's missing something, but I decided to leave it as is. SUO!
*
Supplies:
CS = Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Marina Mist
Ink= Cherry Cobbler, Marina Mist
Stamps= Medallion, Whimsical Words
Accessories= HPH, Wide Oval Punch
*
I hope everyone is the blogosphere is doing well! I will be caught up on my blog groups and other online things ASAP! We have had some setbacks at home, to say the least. I am glad to be back in full swing! Stop by and visit again, and I will be visiting you, too!

6 comments:

gale said...

Very pretty-I love how you did that. Really cool looking!

Anonymous said...

beautiful work...makes me really want to get that stamp set....
just started following ...
mine is www.yoyostamping.com

Jennifer Schmidt said...

Oh, hope everything is alright.
I love that card!! I've been wanting to get that stamp and love what you've done with it, so creative!!

Patty said...

I love the medallion card. It is one of my fav stamp sets!

I am just getting around to commenting on the blogs I'm now following through Stampin' Connection. I invite you to follow me as well (if you are not already) at http://www.rocpaperstamps.blogspot.com

Jenn Embry said...

Fabulous card. I love it!!!

CathyRose said...

This card is so cool! I love the spot-lighted effect the square gives it.