Welcome to A Stampers Paradise!

You've stumbled upon my escape from the daily grind! I hope you enjoy what you see here. I am a SU Demo who loves trying new techniques, holding card making classes, creating techniques of my own, and most recently blog design, I love anything stamping related! I hope you'll stay a minute and come again! I'd love to know you were here, so feel free to leave comments!

Friday, June 4, 2010

Graduation and a Sock Monkey!

My little girl graduated Preschool yesterday! I knew that her cap was going to be red, if I had known the ribbons would be yellow, I would have matched the monkeys:) I have NO graduation sets (although I had her graduation and a niece and nephew graduating High School next week), and I was stumped as far as her card goes. If you have followed me for a while, you know my DH and I made homemade Sock Monkeys for our girls, and they love them. So, I pulled him out. I made the cap using square punches (partial punches) and a brad and silver cording. It's popped on a dimensional...here's a close up for the flag and cap...

The flag is also in Sock Monkey stamp set, I stamped it on the white, and again on red. I cut the flag out of the red and attached with glue dots. We use the YMCA Preschool, so that's what I put on the flag. I really like how the hat turned out, and Chloe was amazed that his hat looked just like hers. Also, the rough coloring is intentional! I don't want you to think I cannot color. Sock monkeys perfectly blended are so odd, it's not how they look IRL, so it's not how mine looks. This look is also fast and easy!
And here is a pic of Chloe receiving her 'diploma' from her Assistant Teacher. The lighting was terrible in the gym, I am hoping some of the others came out better, if not I will be fixing them all before they are usable. I can't believe she is off to Kindergarten this Fall. Where has this time gone? And my baby is only 2 yrs behind her and will likely go to Preschool this Fall to help with the adjustment of her 'Sissy', and BFF who lives next door going to K at the same time.


11 comments:

gale said...

Aww congratulations to Chloe!! She's adorable! And that card is so cute-love the sock monkey.

Tlbran said...

congratulations Chloe! That card is so adorable! I love the hat and banner you added.

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh, I love the new blog! So bright and very summery! Love it!

I am trying to catch up after the move prep and pack out. Oh goodness. I am not looking forward to another overseas move. Honestly, I hope we stay stateside for a long, long time.

At any rate, your recent creations are fabulous! I love the sock monkey graduate!! So creative! And your round card based on the mojo Monday is beautiful!

Jenn Embry said...

Too cute...the card and your daughter. Those special milestones are so fun to celebrate.

Jennifer Schmidt said...

Awww, this is so cute and creative! Love the little sock monkey :) Chloe looks adorable!

Deb S. said...

Chloe is so adorable! Love the card, you did a great job personalizing it! :)

Louise F NZ said...

Great new blog look.... very bright and colourful.
Love the pic of your DD and I can totally understand.... Connor starts school soon too, where does the time go?
Sock monkeys should NOT be perfectly blended so yours is just fabulous~

CathyRose said...

Your punched hat is very clever! Perfect card for your little graduate. Don't they grow up so fast?
She looks very pleased with herself and so cute in her red hat.

Cheryl said...

Hope things are improving for you. Great card and wonderful photo.

Chanda said...

Awwwww, she is soooo cute!

chanda stehlik
www.bellevuestampingclub.com

p.s. Following you! :)

Stampwab Creates said...

Too cute... My daughter also just graduated from PreK! I'm losing my 'daytime' stampin buddy. :(
New Follower-
http://www.stampwab.com