Welcome to A Stampers Paradise!

You've stumbled upon my escape from the daily grind! I hope you enjoy what you see here. I am a SU Demo who loves trying new techniques, holding card making classes, creating techniques of my own, and most recently blog design, I love anything stamping related! I hope you'll stay a minute and come again! I'd love to know you were here, so feel free to leave comments!

Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Hubby's Valentine...

I just realized that I had forgotten to upload this card. This is what I made my husband for Valentine's Day this year. I saw a very similiar card on SCS a while back and loved it, so I wanted to do something like it. The set is Boatloads of Love. The DSP is Fall Flowers, CS is Really Rust, Old Olive and Baja Breeze. The image is stamped on watercolor paper, and colored with watercolor crayons, reinkers and Aquapainters. I used some natural hemp twine, and a piece of Antique Brass Hodgepodge Hardware. I like it, and was pleased with it. Since making this I saw a tip someone posted about heat embossing images before watercoloring, and am doing that now, it does work much better for staying in the lines with the brush. Still overall, I like this one, so did he!

7 comments:

Louise F NZ said...

This is simply gorgeous!!!! No wonder your hubby loved it!

scubasubie said...

That is such an awesome card! I love that stamp set and you did a great job coloring

The Mama Monkey said...

This is adorable! Love your coloring!

gale said...

What a cute card. I bet your hubby loved it! I love the layering you did.

Cheryl said...

I missed this one some how. Too cute! Terrific colors and great layers.

Heather said...

Great card! I love that stamp set! I bet your husband loved it!

CathyRose said...

Too cute! Your coloring is wonderful!